It is the only crater like lake in Romania. located in the volcanic crater of the volcano named Ciomatu Mare of the Eastern Carpathians, near Tusnad in the Natural Reserve of Mohoș, Hargita County, Romania. Paleontology studies concluded that the history of Lake Saint Anne began about 9,800-8,800 years ago, at the stage of peat bog and shallow lake. It has an oval form and an area of 220,000 m².
The home place of the Transylvanian Saxons, one of the most important places to visit, the town that hosts’ the Black Church, which was one of the greatest churches of the Hungary that used to exist. It was built in the years 1383-1424 and on the hills around it, you can still see the ruins of the Brassovia fortress.
Rasnov Fortress (Rosenau in German), is located on a rocky hilltop in the Carpathian Mountains, 650 ft. above the town of Rasnov. First mentioned in an official document in 1331, the fortress was built by Teutonic Knights as protection against invading Tartars and was later enlarged by the local Saxon population. Surrounded by 500-foot-slopes on the north, south and west sides, the fortress was obliged to surrender only once, in the year 1612 when invaders managed to find the secret route that supplied the people inside the fortress with water.
Bran Castle is in Transylvania, south west from Brassó, at 30 km in the Bran-Rucăr vale. The Castle can be visited as a museum, next to which there is a village museum. The castle is registered in the historical monument register of Romania under the number BV-II-m-A-11610.01.
Is a gorge in Romania, located in the north-east part of the country, in Neamţ and Harghita counties; it is part of the Cheile Bicazului-Hășmaș National Park. The gorge was excised by the waters of Bicaz River and it serves as a passageway between the Romanian provinces of Moldova and Transylvania.
It is a noted location to see the wall creeper, an uncommon cliff-dwelling bird.
The road along the 8 kilometres of ravines, often in serpentines with rock on one side and a sheer drop on the other, is one of the most spectacular drives in the country. Also within the gorge is Lacul Roşu (the Red Lake), with its traditional cabins, hotels, and its famous lake (situated at 980m altitude) caused by a landslide in the 19th century.
The village historically formed part of the Székely Land region of Transylvania province. It belonged to Udvarhelyszék, then, from 1876 until 1918, to Udvarhely County in the Kingdom of Hungary. After World War I, by the terms of the Treaty of Trianon of 1920, it became part of Romania. As a result of the Second Vienna Award, it was ceded to Hungary between 1940 and 1944. After World War II, it came under Romanian administration and became part of Romania in 1947. Between 1952 and 1960, it formed part of the Hungarian Autonomous Province, then, of the Mureș-Hungarian Autonomous Province until it was abolished in 1968. Since then, the commune has been part of Hargita County. It is found at 18 km from Sovata, and 29 km from Odorheiu Secuiesc. Corund is famous for its pottery and ceramics. In the year 1938 the baths went bankrupted and the trees and buildings from that area were demolished. This area was named as Árcsó, which is today known for its salty fountains and mineral water springs.
Visitors will go under the ground 120 meters where they are taken by bus, that goes on a corridor that is 1250 meters long. In the visiting are playgrounds, restaurants, coffee shops and relaxing area await visitors all year around. More then 40.000 people visit it annually
\An important salty helioterm lake formed with the falling of the salt mine, which was then filled with salty streams coming down from the mountains close by. In this area they include the following lakes in the reservation too: Aluniș, Paraschiva, Mierlei, Roșu and Green Lake. The shape of the lake is one of a bear’s coat stretched out, this is where the name is from. The water from this lake is a remedy for many illnesses, such as rheumatism and inflammatory diseases.